Calisthenics – Golden beginnings
So you decided to give it a shot. You’ve read our introduction to calisthenics and you took the most important step in your journey to a better health and physique. You’ve decided to start.
Like with everything, you need to start building your fundamentals first. You’re not gonna do a muscle up, if you can’t do proper pull ups. You’re not gonna be flying in the air doing superman push ups when you don’t have the strength to do proper push ups on the floor. But the great thing about calisthenics is, and this goes for everyone, you will soon control these moves if you work hard and persist. It might take you a couple of months, but you’ll get there, everybody who kept going did.
Now the question is where do you start? To make it as simple as possible, we will give you a simple step-by-step guide describing specifically what you should do to have a strong foundation.
1) Think about what your goal is. Where do you see yourself in a month? In a year? Be realistic, but bear in mind that the more ambitious you will be the more it will force you to work hard.
2) Write it down. This is a very important concept in your progress. You have to write down all your ideas, all your goals and everything you shouldn’t forget. This way, you will be easily reminded what your aims are and you won’t lose your focus.
3) Make a schedule. Making a schedule will keep you in track. It will also provide you with a certain degree of clarity. For starters, we suggest that you workout 3 times a week in a workout day – free day – workout day – free day kind of rhythm. This will provide you with a necessary one day break between your workouts, which is necessary for your regeneration.
4) I recommend that you set a specific time for all your workouts. This way, it will be easier for you to make working out your habit, as you will free a specific part of your day only for working out. I suggest you this in the mornings as it wake you up and boost your energy levels for the rest of the day. After a while, it’ll be completely normal for you to get up, dress up and go hit the bars.
5) Keep it simple. For the start, you should focus on the fundamentals. Fundamentals include: pull ups. push ups, dips, squats and lunges and their variations
6) Find a workout group or a workout buddy. You should look for somebody with a similar mindset and a high ambition, like yours. It’d be even better if you found someone more experienced as that person could help you along the way. However, this is definitely not a necessity.
Alright! Now you know how to kick off! Make sure that you know the correct technique of all the exercises you’re planning to do. It is really important to do them correctly in the beginning as you will create a correct muscle memory and you will prevent injuries later on in your calisthenics journey. If you want a hand with how you should work out, what you should do and how you should eat to properly support your training, keep in touch with us, as we will be gradually releasing articles guiding you specifically in these steps, so you won’t be alone at any point in your journey!!
If you enjoyed this post, subscribe to our mailing list by clicking on follow on the bottom right corner of our page! This way, you will get a notification everytime we post something amazing!!
We give your feedback a very high value! We also love discussion!! So don’t be afraid and share your opinions with us through the reply window below, or on our social media!!